The Last Two Weeks
Posted on 2 November 2012 by Patrick Jones
Well, time really has flown by! None of us can quite believe that it’s already 2 weeks since our 1st fortnightly update on what we’d been up to in, er, the previous fortnight! I guess it can only be because we’re so darn busy! Anyway, here we go again with our imaginatively titled “The Last Two Weeks” post
Social Media Awareness and Education
- More social media roadshow sessions with Heads of Service
- Delivered Social Media Training session to 8 Foster Carers
- Corporate communications team guidance on the use and management of ipads
Web and Digital Design and Development
- Started develoment work in wordpress on our new staff news centre and the source (our staff intranet)
- Continued work on the News centre with the aim of developing a version for Devon district councils and also continued work on multi-site.
- Added email subscription option using our current e-newsletter application (newzapp) to Journey Devon.
- Research on mobile accessibility (See Matt’s post here)
- Worked on finalising Travel Devon and setting it live – it still has some work to do, but this is now a working version 1
- We all continue to be involved in various ways in the three large projects with other colleagues – Review of democratic content, consultation and engagement content and community content (more on that in the previous update)
- Worked on various edits and tweaks for www.investdevon.co.uk after the launch of the site two weeks ago.
- Transfer of the Re:Work Digital site (what you’re reading right now) into a responsive, Devon themed layout as part of our approach to remodelling the blogging options for other teams in the council. We also met with colleagues from Scrutiny who have The Democracy Story (Beta Version) and we spoke to a colleague from Libraries who have devonlibraries.wordpress.com about transferring and migrating them into the new theme in the next week (A separate blog post will be written by Sam about that shortly)
- Final configuration of the Future Landscape website on our internal wordspress platform social.devon
Content Design and Publishing
- Review and restructure of Adult Protection pages on main DCC site
- Finalised and published new public site webpages containing information about the DCC Corporate Leadership Team and Heads of Service. This is part of the ongoing transparency agenda.
- Began work with colleagues in the Schools service to reorganise and revamp our Just 4 Schools webpages. Also began work on creating new pages for the 14+ plus Schools’ service. To be published soon!
- Updated the DCC homepage to include features for a Car Sharing campaign and a consultation on traffic management in Totnes (we also worked with Highways colleagues to create the page and online form)
- Plenty of other publishing, updating and deleting on the our public site and staff intranet including converting our new Communications Protocol into webpages – sorry, I know you’d love to see this but it’s on our intranet!
- Creation of new groups on the PEN network and handing over ownership of group administration
- Further testing of a global commenting system to sit within our multi-site platform (Disqus, Livefyre and IntenseDebate)
- Review of Vuelio (Our press management system) user accounts and merging of non-active accounts
- Continued a review with ICT and Information Mgt colleagues on the document management processes within our existing CMS so we can better manage them whilst we go through a transition.
- Met with Audit Service colleague regarding reviewing the team across areas such as risk management, strategic alignment, selection of technologies, project management, skills, resourcing and how the team operates and collaborates. A really useful meeting which has validated aspects of what we do and has also given us more blog content to create over the coming weeks and months.
- Carl has been involved in some planning with colleagues around an internal Leadership Forum which will also include guest spots for Dave Briggs (Kind of Digital) and Dominic Campbell (Futuregov)
- Look out for a few guest posts in the next few weeks as well, one from a colleague in the Press Office on Digital Communications and our Head of Strategic Intelligence on Open and Linked Data
The lighter side
- Watch LG Use IPS Displays to Trick Elevator Passengers Into Thinking They’re About to Die
- Watch, listen, and relive the excitement of the Apollo 11 lunar landing as experienced minute-by-minute by the courageous crew of Apollo 11 and Mission Control. http://www.firstmenonthemoon.com
- It’ll never catch on! A 2007 news story about Twitter Twitter on CBS News
- A great infographic on A History of Social Media
Like this post: 1